Information & advice

We provide information and advice that covers a range of topics for older people in Brent.


Information is provided on a range of services (transport, lunch clubs, opticians, etc) and we will signpost to other specialist agencies for legal, and immigration issues including the Trading Standards.


We provide free, independent and confidential advice on issues relating to older people and their carers, for example, benefits and pensions, housing, health and community care or help to resolve a problem. You can get advice by dropping in, through appointments and home visits.

Will writing

We can organise for an experienced Will writer to help plan and prepare your Will, through appointments and home visits. This is not a free service.

Advocacy Service

Information advisor

Designworks.Park Parade.Harlesden. NW10 4HT.

On the corner of Park Parade & Rucklidge Ave. The entrance is in Ruckildge Ave.

On street meter parking only.

Local busses include: 18. 187. 206. 220.226. 260. 266 

Home visits are available for the housebound but we have a long waiting list.

For more details about the above please contact our office between10am – 1pm on weekdays using the details below. 


On all other occasions you can contact the Advice Service on 0330 124 0423 or 020 8965 7711. Their postal address is 120 Craven Park Road. NW10 8QD. However they are unable to see clients at this address.

Advice & Information Service

These services are available at the following locations and times:

Citizens Advice Brent (CAB)
270 – 272 High Road

NW10 2EY

For up dated information about the service you can contact the bureau.
If you are disabled the CAB should make reasonable adjustments to their service based on your needs so that you can access the service. Under the law any information they give you should be accessible and meet your communication needs. This might be more accessible letters, longer appointment times etc.

Please make sure you tell them you have a communication need and this is noted on your file and passed on to any organisation they signpost you to.


"No need to queue, just drop in before 4pm on week days except Tuesdays, when you can drop in between 1pm and 7pm"

For problem assessment and advice, help with Benefit forms and where appropriate an appointment with the team of advisers and Free legal advisers
Mon:  10am - 4pm
Tue:     1pm - 7pm
Wed:  10am - 4pm
Thu:   10am - 4pm
Fri:     10am - 4pm

You can visit the CAB at any one of 13 Children's Centres if you have children under 5 years old.
Visit CAB at Brent Housing Partnership if you are a council tenant.
Visit CAB at Catalyst Housing Association if you are a Catalyst tenant.
Visit CAB at Westminister Drug Project if you are affected by drug and alcohol abuse.
Visit CAB at Brent Civic Centre every Monday & Thursday or Call us on 020 8438 1249 Mon to Fri 10am-4:00pm.

Advice for people who rent in Brent

Most private rental properties in our borough now require a licence. Brent Council has extended its licensing scheme to help raise standards in the private housing sector.

Advice4Renters (A4R) 

is the only advice organisation in London for private renters. Our goal is to transform the private renting sector through legal advice services for tenants, as well as through campaigning – telling policy makers what the problems are and what can be done to solve them.

Brent Advice Matters

See details of this new online resource for those seeking advice & information.