What are the benefits of partnering with Age UK Bromley & Greenwich?
A partnership with us could be beneficial for your business by helping you meet your corporate social responsibility objectives. It's a great way to motivate employees, gain insight into the over-50s market, get some great PR and help Age UK Bromley & Greeniwch to support vulnerable people in the local community. Contact us for more information.
How can we get involved?
There are a number of ways your organisation can partner with us.
Choose Us as your Charity of the Year
Please consider choosing Age UK Bromley and Greenwich as your business Charity of the Year. In return we would offer joint branding on our fundraising materials and our events, as well as positive PR and local media coverage.
Sponsor one of our events
Your staff could get involved in our events thoughout the year, such as our annual Big Knit event and summer garden party. By sponsoring an event you help us with the costs, for example, food and decorations, and in return get some great PR and local media coverage.
Display a collection tin
Could you display a collection tin in your office or shop? This would help us to collect much needed donations to continue our vital work in Bromley and Greenwich.
Donate a raffle prize or service
Could you donate a prize for one of our many fundraising raffles and competitions - perhaps a bottle of wine, box of chocolates or biscuits, bath goodies, gift vouchers, or free services?
If you would like to donate a piece of equipment, we would be very grateful. We usually need raiser chairs for people in our day centre, kitchen equipment for our lunch clubs, and computer equipment for our staff.
Send employees to volunteer
Could you send a team to help out at an event or activity? It's a great way for staff to bond by working together to help vulnerable older people. Previous staff teams have served Christmas lunches, taken older people on days out, painted our day centre, and revamped our garden.
Run a fundraising event
Your employees could run their own fundraiser to help raise vital funds for our work. They could do a cake sale, dress down day, a sponsored walk or run, or a raffle. There's so many things they could do - contact us for more ideas!
Many businesses donate to charity by encouraging their stffa to make a small donation every month thorugh their payroll system. A few pounds a month from a number of employees soon adds up, and whilst it may be a small amount to the employee, it will mean a great deal to us.
For further information on payroll giving, please contact the Finance Manager
Examples of recent Corporate engagement
- Judge & Priestley solicitors collected the funds raised on Christmas Jumper Day and donated £54.02 in 2017
- Beckenham United Reform Church do an annual collection after one of their coffee mornings and donated £43.70 in 2017.
- The Rotary Club of Langley Park made a very generous £250 donation to our Men in Sheds project.
- Bizzy Bees Pre-School sent us wonderful hampers of good and tinned foods, along with letters for our clients as part of their 2017 Harvest festival
- Bromley Rotary donate an amazing number of hampers and gift bags at Christmas each year for our most in need clients
- Waitrose Greenwich made us a 'local charity' green token receipient and raised funds for our Greenwich site.
Thank you to everyone who gets involved or raises funds for us.