Skip to content

Wishing to serve you better.

Age UK Bromley & Greenwich is committed to providing you with the best possible service. In order to be able to constantly develop and improve our services, it is important that we receive feedback from those who use our service including comments, suggestions, thank you's and complaints.  We take all feedback very seriously and we want to hear from you;

  • when we get it right and you feel that we are doing a good job or
  • when we unfortunately sometimes get things wrong, we want you to tell us about it so we can try and improve our services.

 The following procedure details how we will deal with any compliments or complaints we receive.

How to give us Feedback:

How to make a Comment, Suggestion, say Thank You or give us a Compliment

You can contact us by

  1. phone on 020 8315 1850
  2. email at 
  3. writing to us.  If you write to us, you can
  • put the letter in the Complaints and Suggestions box in reception at Community House
  • post the letter to us at; PA to Chief Executive, Community House, South Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1RH,
  • email us at
  • fill out the Form below which emails us automatically

First Steps: To make a Complaint:

We will always try to deal with complaints informally and work with you to resolve any comments, suggestions or complaints you have.

If you have a complaint about any aspect of the service you have received from Age UK Bromley & Greenwich and would  like to speak to someone about it please call us on 0208 315 1850  where we will be happy to try and resolve your issue.

If you know the relevant staff member, service manager or supervisor, you can ask to speak to them, or contact them directly if you have their details.

However, if you feel this is difficult or inappropriate, or if you do not feel the complaint was dealt with in a satisfactory manner you can submit a formal complaint.

When you raise a complaint, you will be kept fully informed at every stage and we will deal with all complaints fairly and as quickly as possible

Stage 1: Making a Formal Complaint

The complaint should be submitted in writing.

You can

    1. write to us or print out a hard copy of the complaint form below and fill it out and then:
      • put the letter/form in the Complaints and Suggestions box in reception at Community House
      • post the letter/form to us at PA to Chief Executive, Community House, South Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1RH,
      • email us at
    2. fill out the Form online below which emails us automatically

If none of these methods are suitable, please speak to thePA to the Chief Executive about information in other languages, large print, or other ways in which we can meet your needs.

The written submission should provide information about the nature of the complaint, and also the positive outcome you would wish to be achieved by bringing the complaint. This does not create an obligation for Age UK Bromley & Greenwich to resolve the complaint in this way.

The complaint will normally be dealt with by the relevant services manager or Senior Manager Team Member, depending on the circumstances leading to the complaint.

We will give you an initial response within five working days.

The person dealing with your complaint will write to you to inform you of the result of investigation within 21 working days.

If you need help filling in the form, you can speak to our Information, Advice and Guidance Team or any of our staff.

Stage 2: Taking it Further

If you are dissatisfied with the results of the investigation undertaken during Stage 1 you can contact us and ask for your complaint to be looked at by the Executive Team. You can contact us at or by writing to us as above. Please tell us why you are not happy with the response from the manager.

You must do this within 3 weeks of receiving the response from us to stage 1.

The complaint will be investigated by a member of the Senior Management Team or the Executive Team. They will write to you to inform you of the results of the investigation within 21 working days.

Confidentiality and Record Keeping

In order to fully investigate your complaint, we may have to speak to other members of staff or volunteers to find our more information. However your complaint will be dealt with in a confidential manner at all times.

Age UK Bromley & Greenwich will keep a record of complaints and compliments and these will be filed and kept for six years.

Notes on Fundraising

Age UK Bromley &Greenwich will follow the Code of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Code and in this Promise.  The principals we follow:

  • We are committed to high standards
  • We are honest and open
  • We are clear
  • We are respectful
  • We are fair and reasonable
  • We are accountable

If you would like to raise a complaint about fundraising, the above complains procedure should be followed.

Notes on Refunds

If we make an error with your direct debit donation we will make a refund to you, on request, in line with the Direct Debit guarantee scheme.  If a refund is made which is not due, you are required to repay the amount back to Age UK Bromley & Greenwich.

If you think we have made an error in processing a donation made by cheque or payment card, please contact a member of the Finance team at or call 020 8315 1850 and ask to speak to the Finance Manager.  If we have made a mistake we can make a refund to you, on request. 

We accept donations in good faith and the money is used to help Age UK Bromley & Greenwich to help the local community.   We cannot return your gift unless an error has been made on our part.  We do hope you understand. 

The complaints procedure is intended to provide a fair structure for making and dealing with complaints.

  • Individuals or organisations making complaints have the right to be treated equally and not suffer discrimination and are entitled to seek external assistance to advocate on their behalf.
  • All complaints will be treated with an open mind and will be investigated without prejudice.
  • Individuals or organisations making complaints have the right to confidentiality. If requested names will not be disclosed in investigating complaints. However anonymous complaints will not be investigated.
  • Abusive and offensive comments are not defined as complaints and will not be accepted as complaints.

A copy of our complaints policy document can be downloaded below, or if you prefer we can send you hardcopy if you contact us on 0208 315 1850 or email at .

Let us know how we are doing