Skip to content

Couple on a beach

Age UK Bromley & Greenwich is committed to being there for older people who need us. If you decide to leave a gift in your will to us, you will be supporting us to make life better for older people in Bromley & Greenwich.

Age UK Bromley & Greewnich has a vision of a society in which people can live independently, in comfort and dignity in later life.  Please help us be there for future generations by remembering Age UK Bromley & Greenwich in your will.

Every single gift  is vital to Age UK Bromley & Greenwich and we appreciate any gift you may choose to leave us after taking care of your family and friends. Whatever the value of your gift, it will go a long way to help someone who needs us.

Age UK Bromley & Greenwich relies heavily on indvidual dnoatoins to keep it's working going - by making a legacy to Age UK Bromley & Greenwich you can help ensure that older people in your area get quality services and support when they need it most.

How to leave a gift in your will

Having a will and keeping it up-to-date helps ensure that your wishes can be respected and your property and assets benefit people and causes you really care about. We would always recommend that you speak to a qualified professional such as a solicitor, when making or amending your will.

Your solicitor will be able to advise you on the required wording to carry out your wishes. If you wish to leave a gift to Age UK Bromley & Greenwich in your will, all you need is our charity details below:

Age UK Bromley & Greenwich, Community House, South Street, Bromley, BR1 1RH
and our registered charity number 1060861

If you already have a will

If you already have a will and you want to include a gift to Age UK Bromley & Greenwich in it, there may not be need to rewrite it. You can ask a qualified professional such as a solicitor to add an amendment (called a codicil). As a general rule, if the change you wish to make is quite small or simple, you can use a codicil, and if the change is more significant or complex you should make a new will.

What kind of gift can I leave to Age UK Bromley and Greenwich?

You can leave a specific sum of money or an item such as jewellery or a piece of art. Or you can leave a share in, or all of, what's left of the value of your estate after family and friends have been taken care of. The advantage of leaving a share (also known as residuary gift) is that it remains the same over time, and you won't need to change your will to keep up with inflation.

Contact us to find out more

If you are interested in leaving a gift in your will and want more information, please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to talk to you further.