Promoting positive attitudes towards older people and ageing
Age UK Bromley & Greenwich is the only specialist agency in the London Boroughs of Bromley and Greenwich working across the borough with and for older people. It provides a single point of entry to joined-up, quality preventative services, activities and support that promotes opportunities, independence and choice to older people.
Age UK Bromley & Greenwich also campaigns on issues that impact on the lives of older people, involves older people in its activities and influences policy by expressing older people’s views and concerns to local decision makers.
To promote the well being of all older people in the community. We value older people and believe that later life should be a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Our specific aims are to:
- Provide Borough-wide services and support for older people
- Raise awareness of the needs of older people and influence decision-makers, and provide a voice for older people in the Boroughs through public education and social advocacy
- Contribute to research which identifies the changing needs of older people locally and find innovative ways of meeting them
- Challenge age discrimination
- Work in partnership and co-operation with other organisations to effectively meet the needs of older people throughout the Boroughs
Age UK Bromley & Greenwich has a Management Board of Trustees who are responsible for governance of the charity. The Trustees are elected each year by representatives from other organisations in the Boroughs who work with older people. The Trustees do not receive any payment for their work.
The Director of Age UK Bromley & Greenwich is responsible for the management of the charity and the wholly owned trading subsidiary company, Age Concern South East London Services Ltd. The Director is supported by a small team of full and part-time professional staff and a team of dedicated trained volunteers.
Age UK Bromley & Greenwich’s main office is in Community House in the centre of Bromley and we operate on six other sites in Woolwich, Chislehurst, West Wickham, Orpington, Charlton and Eltham.
For further information telephone 0208 315 1850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View Community House location on Google maps