BOOST forms part of Age UK Buckinghamshire’s Befriending Services (AUKB), sitting alongside Befriending Plus, but offers a specific focus on accessing the local community.
BOOST is aimed at older people who are isolated and/or lonely and would like to develop peer-to-peer friendships with those in similar situations, either on a one-to-one basis, or in small groups. These groups may be pre-existing community resources or they may be developed as part of the BOOST process. The service provides a focused intervention lasting up to 6 months with regular reviews to monitor clients’ progress towards their own goals.
Aims of the service
- To reduce isolation and loneliness
- To improve the confidence and self-esteem of older people to socialise and form relationships in their community
- To support and empower older people to seek out opportunities to meet others in the community
- To support the development of sustainable peer-to-peer and group contacts which will endure beyond the scope of the project
- To interact with existing local community groups and resources, to meet the needs of our clients and promote engagement in the community.
If you would like to find out more about our BOOST service please call our friendly team on 01296 431911 and press option 3.
If you would like to make a referral please download and fill out the form (below) and email it to: email@example.com
Alternatively you can post it to us at:
Age UK Buckinghamshire
Want to Volunteer for this service?
Click on the link and apply to be a BOOST volunteer!