Free Home Energy Visits
Published on 26 January 2018 11:34 AM
Successful winter support
Last year we helped over 100 people to keep warmer in their own homes. Our visits aim to reduce people’s energy bills whilst keeping them warm and well at home by offering:
- Practical advice about keeping warm
- Information about winter benefits
- Advice about smarter use of energy
- Referral to other useful services if needed
- Installation of free energy saving devices such as draught excluders, radiator panels, timers and cold alarms
- Installation of free energy saving light bulbs
And best of all, it is all FREE!
Age UK is working with E.ON and First Utility to provide Home Energy Visits. The aim of the visit is to deliver practical energy efficiency information and expert advice to older people. The project will enable people to change energy use behaviour and benefit from small practical measures which could potentially reduce their energy bills whilst remaining warm and well in their own homes.
How do I get a free home visit?
To qualify for the Home Energy visit you must be :
• Over 65 and on low income (below £16,190 p.a )and /or
• Over 65 and living with a disability or other medical condition
• Over 65 and living in a hard to heat property.