Living in a cold home can damage your health. So our Warm Homes programme is designed to help you stay warm and well through the cold months.
The Warm Homes programme can help you in two ways:
- Help increase your income to pay for energy bills
- Help make your home more energy efficient so you can stay warm in the winter.
Benefit entitlement sessions
These one-to-one sessions usually take place in your home. Their purpose is to:
- increase your income by making sure you've applied for all the benefits you're entitled to
- provide support through the benefits application process.
Home energy checks
In a home energy check, a trusted handyperson will visit your home to check how energy efficient it is. The handyperson can fit appropriate equipment to increase the energy efficiency. This includes things like:
- energy saving light bulbs
- draught excluders
- reflective radiator panels
The handyperson can also offer practical tips to help you keep your fuel bill down.
In both of these one-to-one sessions we'll also:
- provide advice on keeping warm and saving energy
- offer free Age UK information guides that may be useful
- refer you to local services you may find helpful.
For Further Information
Please contact us today by calling 01422 252 040 or emailing us at email@example.com