What’s it all about?
Research has shown that the over 55s use the internet more than any other group in the UK. The so-called silver surfers, have more disposable income, motivation and time to spend looking online to make informed choices about purchasing decisions.
Age UK Calderdale and Kirklees web based initiative is working with a variety of local partners to simplify these decisions and to reduce the risk of users (surfers) falling into the hands of rogue traders.
Our online, one-stop directory is the first of its kind to be developed specifically for older people by Age UK making life easier for thousands of older people, their carers, families or friends who are looking for products or services tailored to their needs.
Through the directory you can find information on local trustworthy:
- Solicitors - Builders - Plumbers - Electricians - Painters & Decorators - Gardeners - Health products - Mobility products
All companies and organisations on the site are checked by us and have agreed to work to our Customer Charter. The site, which is free for users, provides a useful list of registered companies across the region.
The site offers:
- Users the ability to locate reputable companies and organisations that supply relevant products or services
- Companies and organisations that have been checked by Age UK helping thousands of customers to gain value for money as well as peace of mind
- The ability to rate and review the member companies they have used
- Mediation via Age UK C&K should any problems occur
- Benefits to businesses
- Working with a nationally recognised charity
- Access to an expanded customer base
- Minimal annual cost for a basic listing to be included on the site
Judith Churley from Age UK Calderdale and Kirklees said, “We are delighted to welcome all new member companies to the directory. The Trusted Traders Directory has huge potential for development and growth over the coming months and years. We are working with our partners to develop this project locally and expand it to become a national initiative that is the directory of choice for users and businesses.”
All profits made from the site will go directly to local Age UKs to support older people in their communities.
Companies interested in joining the local Age UK directory can ring 01484 535994 or email: email@example.com