Age UK Camden host and support two Subsidiary Charities, Opening Doors London (ODL) and Personalisation Support in Camden (PSiC). We take pride in contributing to the growth of these charities and providing them with support, including central functions such as Finance and Human Resources.
Opening Doors London
Opening Doors London continues to be the UK’s largest charity working specifically with and for older LGBT+ people. Opening Doors London was initially started by Age UK Camden in the late 90’s, hosting Gay Men’s social groups and activities at our Hub Henderson Court in Hampstead. Over the years Opening Doors London expanded to deliver various activities and support. In 2017 ODL set up as an independent charity and sits within Age UK Camden as one of our Subsidiary Charities. ODL aims are to enable older LGBT+ people to live happy, healthy, and independent lives, free from loneliness, isolation, prejudice, and discrimination. To achieve our aims, we provide:
- Services: Information, support, befriending, events, activities, and education to enhance the lives of LGBT+ people.
- Research: Evidence based briefings and reports on the health, housing, and social care needs of older LGBT+ people.
- Education: Share learning about the lives of older LGBT+ people from our front-line work with health, housing, social care.
- Policy: Use this learning to influence change for older LGBT+ people at local, regional, and national levels.
Personalisation Support in Camden (PSIC)
Personalisation Support in Camden was set up as a subsidiary of AUC in August 2014. PSiC provide support to disabled people, people with learning difficulties and mental health service users who receive Direct Payments from Camden Social Services, or who receive a Personal Health Budget from the CCG. PSiC support people of all ages including the parents of disabled children.
- Direct Payment support for Adults
- Direct Payment support for families & Children
- PA Recruitment