Our response to the coronavirus pandemic
This service is still running, however face-to-face visits have been suspended, and will remain so until we are advised it is safe to resume. In the meantime, our trainers advisors are supporting clients, their carers and their families via telephone and email.
How to access the Information and Advice service
By phone: 020 7837 3777, 10am-4pm Monday to Friday
By email: email@example.com
At our office: Once we have been advised that it is safe to resume face-to-face appointments, these last approximately 45 minutes, and give you an opportunity to see one of our trained advisers. Some issues may require a double appointment. Book by calling, emailing or dropping in to arrange an appointment.
Self-help: client access to telephone (Wednesdays from 10am-4pm) with staff on hand to help if needed.
Home visits: these are for people who are housebound and unable to leave their homes.
Outreach: information sessions at the locations below. Booking is essential, so please call 020 7837 3777.
In response to Covid-19 all Outreach sessions have been suspended and will resume once it is safe to do so.
- Kingsgate Community Centre - 1st Tuesday morning of Month – 10am to 1pm (Booked by venue)
- Abbey Community Centre (Debt and Money Advice Outreach) – 1st Wednesday afternoon of Month – 2.30pm to 5.30pm
- Great Croft Resource Centre – 2nd Monday morning of Month – 10am to 1pm (3 appointments)
- Somali Drop-In Tavis House – 2nd Tuesday morning of Month – 10am to 12.30pm
- Hopscotch Asian Women’s Centre – 2nd Tuesday of Month – 2.30pm to 4.30pm
- Camden Disability Action Drop-In – 2nd Wednesday of Month – 2.30pm – 4.30pm
- West Euston Partnership – 3rd Monday afternoon of Month – 2.30pm to 4.30pm (3 appointments)
- Surma Centre – 3rd Tuesday afternoon of Month – 2.30pm to 4.30pm (3 appointments)
- Phillip House/ Vivian Court – 3rd Wednesday afternoon of Month – 2.15pm to 4.30pm (3 appointments 45mins/booked by venue)
- Camden Carers Centre – 3rd Friday morning of Month – 10am to 1pm (3 appointments booked by venue)
- Abbey Community Centre – Last Monday afternoon of Month – 2.30pm to 4.30pm (3 appointments 45 mins each)
- Esther Randall Court – Last Tuesday afternoon of Month – 2.30pm to 4.30pm (3 appointments 45 mins each)
- Kentish Town Community Centre – Last Wednesday afternoon of Month – 2.30pm to 4.30pm (3 appointments 45 mins each)
Worried about abuse?
If you suspect that you or someone you know is being taken advantage of or suffering from some form of abuse, please contact us:
Phone: 020 7837 3777
You can also find more information on Age UK's website.
As part of our Information and Advice Service, we've launched our new Building Resilience Programme.This programme is designed to support Camden residents who are dealing with a 'life changing event', helping them to adjust, and manage the impact this change is having on their day-to-day life.
We'll be announcing an exciting new partnership in Spring 2021, designed to help keep Camden residents healthy and active.
Free booklets and online information
Read our info guides
Age UK produces free information guides and factsheets on a wide range of topics, including home adaptations, dementia, and advice for carers. You can find a complete list of guides and factsheets on the Age UK national website.