Provide Information and Advice to Croydon residents with a care and/or support need, their families and carers
Our Information and Advice service has a number of volunteer roles.
Assessing clients' benefits eligibility, and assisting with filling in claim forms, either in a client's home, or by telephone.
Information and Advice
Giving information and advice on benefits, housing, care, pensions and other matters during drop-ins or appointments.
Answering queries and giving advice via our telephone helpline.
Supporting the Information and Advice team by managing inboxes, arranging appointments, phoning clients, evaluating the service, sending letters and emails, and filing.
What you will get out of it
- Meeting new people and being part of a vibrant volunteering team
- Gaining new skills
- Travel and other expenses will be reimbursed
- Age UK training materials
- A line manager who is there to support and encourage you
- Training relevant to your role will be provided
- Regular support and supervision
This role would suit those looking for a longer-term commitment
Please note, a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required