If you donate money to Age UK Derby & Derbyshire or goods to our shops, you can choose to Gift Aid your donation which will mean your gift will be worth 25p more for every £1 you donate, courtesy of HMRC.

All you have to do is to fill in the Gift Aid Declaration Form and return with your donation. If you are sponsoring someone for an event, then the sponsorship form will have the option for you to Gift Aid.

gift aid itWhen you fill in a Gift Aid Declaration Form, you are agreeing to the following statement:

"I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference."

Please notify Age UK Derby & Derbyshire if you:
• Want to cancel this declaration
• Change your name or home address
• No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.