There are lots of ways you can fundraise for Age UK East Sussex.
Every penny raised by our kind fundraisers supports older people in your community.
Please see below some fundraising ideas or come up with one of your own:
- Afternoon tea – Sell tickets to an afternoon event.
- Arts fair - Sell your homemade arts and crafts goods.
- Bake sale – Sell cakes where you work or at a local venue.
- Bike ride – Get sponsored to take part in a challenging bike ride.
- Bingo - Charge for tickets and ask for donations you can give as prizes.
- Bake off – A competition for the best cake which can be sold after the judging.
- Big Knit - Knit little hats to raise money to help keep older people warm in winter.
- Car boot sale –Sell your unwanted items at a local car boot sale.
- Charity gala – Sell tickets per table including food, entertainment and an auction.
- Coffee morning – Sell tea, coffee and cake where you work , at school or at a local venue.
- Dinner party - Send an envelope around at the end of the meal and ask everyone to donate.
- Easter egg hunt – Sell tickets to take part and ask for donations of Easter eggs locally.
- Eating competition – Charge an entry fee to the challengers
- Fancy dress day - Get sponsored to wear fancy dress for the day
- Five-a-side football tournament – Ask friends, family and colleagues to take part and charge a player fee
- Games night - Host an evening of games and challenges
- Give something up - Get sponsored by friends and family for your hard efforts
- Gift Aid – Making a donation of cash or goods fill out gift aid form to raise a further 25p for every pound
- Hiking – Get sponsored for a challenging hike or climb
- Head shave – donate money in recognition of the lengths people go to raise funds
- International evening – Sell tickets for a dinner party inspired by different countries and theme, menu and dress code
- It’s a knockout – Charge an entry fee for this school sports day with adults
- Jumble sale – Sell your unwanted clothes and household items
- Karaoke – Charge an entry fee for each song sung
- Luncheon – Sell home cooked lunch where you work, at school or at a local venue
- Manicure and makeover - Host and sell tickets to a pamper party
- Marathon running – Get sponsored to run the chalenging 26.2 miles
- Match Giving – Ask your employer about matched giving where you could double your fundraising efforts
- Name the bear – Charge per go with the bear as the prize for the correct name
- No uniform day – Pay to go to school in your everday clothes
- Office collection / fundraiser – Encourage your colleagues to donate and take part in a coffee morning, office Olympics or fancy dress day
- Open garden – Charge an entry fee and sell cream teas
- Pancake race – Charge an entry fee to take part in a running race which includes tossing a pancake
- Pamper party - Host and charge a fee for each treatment
- Quiz night – Charge an entry fee and hold at a pub, church hall or school
- Raffle – Ask locally to donate prizes and sell tickets to friends, family and colleagues
- Skydive – Ask friends, family and colleagues for sponsorship.
- Talent show – Sell tickets and get friends, family and colleagues together for a talent show
- Treasure hunt – Charge an entry fee
- University challenge -Take on your local university for the challenge and invite students, friends and family to donate for tickets to the event
- Vintage sale – Collect and donate vintage items to sell
- Valentines party – Host and sell tickets to a fancy dress Valentines party
- Walk – Get sponsored to do a challenging walk
- X-Factor night – Charge an entry fee to a singing competition
- Yogathon – Run a yoga class for beginners with an entry fee
- Zumbathon – Run a 24 hour relay Zumba class with a fee per team.
If you want tee shirts or collection pots please let us know. If your are planning a sponsored event please download the sponsor form below:
Contact us to find out more
For more information please contact the Fundraising Team who will be happy to help.