Working in conjunction with GP surgeries this service provides non-medical support and advice to older people and their carers.
About the service
Our friendly and helpful team members are great listeners. They work in GP surgeries in Lewes, The Havens and Wealden districts, alongside doctors and nurses, helping older people with a range of problems. They are approachable and knowledgeable local people, professionally-qualified and well-trained. They can advise about services and activities available in the local area that can support and interest the over-50s or anyone with caring responsibilities.
How we can help?
- Sign-posting social clubs and fun activities
- Healthy Living Clubs
- Supporting people to maintain independence
- Benefits checks
- Help with Housing issues
- Referrals for Bereavement and Mental Health support
- Help filling in forms
- Referrals to other specialist agencies
- Help with family problems
- Assistance with getting assessments, mobility aids and care packages
- Support and advice for coping with difficult challenges
- Volunteer support, befriending and telephone chats
- Advice on getting shopping and prescriptions delivered
- Accessing help with gardening or house-keeping]
- Tips on self-management of health conditions, diet and exercise
- Being good listeners..
- ... and lots more...
For More Information