35 hours per week - full time
£32,000 per annum
Contract: 2 years fixed term with possible extension
Based in the Harrow Area
Closing date for receipt of applications: 9am on Monday 9th September 2019
Interviews will be held: Monday 16th September 2019
Do you have a passion to promote social prescribing through an innovative service model? Do you have staff team line-management and supervision experience? Do you understand the needs of people who are frail, isolated or living with long-term conditions? If so, you are the person we are seeking, to develop and launch our new Harrow Social Prescribing Service, run in partnership with the Local Authority, Public Health and GP leads.
You will have a critical role in developing and supporting a team of five new Link Worker posts, quality assuring and monitoring the delivery of our consortium of providers, liasing with the new Primary Care Networks and building positive relations with a wide network of voluntary & community sector groups.
Harrow Community Action (HCA) is a voluntary sector consortium established to deliver creative solutions to public service contracts within a robust governance structure.
We currently run three services: An advice & information service, a volunteering support programme and fundraising/capacity-building service for local groups.
All our services are delivered by local voluntary organisations for which HCA is the vehicle to bring organisations together.
You will have the benefit of being employed and line-managed by Age UK Hillingdon, Harrow and Brent, who have several years of expertise delivering this consortium model in another area.
We are looking to recruit to the post of Social Prescribing Manager, to work within our primay care network multi-disciplinary healthcare team, overseeing 5 link workers who will be providing 1:1 personalised support to people who are referred by team membes and local authorities.
The manager will:
- Lead on the development of the Social Prescribing Service. To co-design an integrated service model in consultation with Harrow Community Action (HCA) partners, including single point of access, client screening/assessment and support interventions.
- Manage and contribute to the operation of the service, including assessment, support planning, onward-referral and case management of people referred to the service who meet the access criteria.
- Develop, supervise and support the Link Worker Team.
- Represent, promote and report on the service to all main stakeholders.
- Liaise closely with GP practices, clinicians and other healthcare professionals, integrated Neighbourhood teams and Multi-Disciplinary Teams.
- Develop good working relationships with VCF providers.
This service helps people to work on their wider health and wellbeing, specifically wider lifestyle issues and low-level mental health concerns by increasing people's active involvement with their local communities. This approach particularly helps people with long term conditions (including support for mental health), people who are lonely or isolated, or who have complex social needs which affect their wellbeing.
Please send the application & equality & diversity forms below to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the role, or for an informal discussion with our CEO, Julian Lloyd, please send an enquiry to email@example.com
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities.