Age UK uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our policy. To read more about how we use cookies and how you can control them read our cookie policy Read our privacy policy
Skip to content

We can give you advice

It doesn’t matter if you rent or are an owner occupier, we can help.

We can give you:

  • Advice on help with heating
  • Information on your tenancy rights
  • Information on Private Sheltered Housing available in Harrow

Find out more about our information and advice services

Useful factsheets

You can download the following useful guides from the Age UK website:

Buying retirement housing

Finding private rented accommodation

Funding repairs, improvements and adaptations

Staying safe - personal security at home or out and about

Energy advice

Call 0800 512 012 for advice for people in Harrow on keeping your home warm, saving on fuel bills, home energy checks and choosing fuel suppliers.

Sheltered housing

Harrow Council provides information on sheltered accommodation in Harrow. Call 020 8424 1093 or write to:

PO Box 65

Civic Centre

Station Road



Rented property in disrepair

Initially you should approach your landlord about repairs, preferably in writing. If you do not get a satisfactory response then the Environmental Health Officers at Harrow Council can help. Email them at or telephone 020 8901 2600.

Find out more

Staying Put

If you are an older owner-occupier living in Harrow, you may be able to get help with the repair and improvement of your home. Staying Put is a home improvement agency run by the Harrow Council. Its aim is to help older people or people with disabilities who are having difficulties with their property by providing help and support with repairs, adaptations and improvement to their property.

For further information call 020 8424 1894, or write to:

PO Box 18

Civic Centre

Station Road



If you are seeking an adaptation or need special facilities in respect of a disability, contact the Council’s Adult Services to carry out an assessment of your needs. 

Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) and FirstStop

These two organisations are now combined into one website, providing information and advice about all forms of accommodation for older people. They also provide lists of accommodation to rent or buy, and publish Living in Retirement magazine.

Telephone: 0800 377 7070