We use cookies to give you the best experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our policy. Read more about How we use cookies and find out how you can change your browser’s cookie settings.
Skip to content


  • Location: Age UK Lambeth
  • Price: Free
Call 03333 603700 for more info

Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Lambeth - Head Office's catchment area.

Age UK Lambeth
10 Acre Lane Brixton
London SW2 5SG
Greater London
United Kingdom

MYcommunity can offer support to anyone in Lambeth aged over 18 who needs help. Our MYcommunity Gateway team is available to speak to you about what help is available. This could be as simple as referring you to a service, like MYsocial to help tackle loneliness, talking to you about social prescribing, or finding you longer-term support.

Types of advice can include:

- Providing information and support around housing or finances, including help with claiming benefits
- Introducing you to a new activity or local club
- Linking you with services and organisations in your local area
- Helping you to be more active

What is social prescribing?

It is a non-clinical way of helping and improving people’s lives. Social prescribing focuses on ‘what matters to me’ and takes a holistic approach to people’s health and wellbeing.

For example, loneliness can cause stress, which can eventually affect sleep, nutrition, and physical health. But if you tell your GP, “I’m lonely,” they may not be able to offer much in the way of support.

That’s where our Neighbourhood Workers or Link Workers can step in. These professionals can provide more specialised support. Through listening and empathy, they get to know your unique needs, whether those involve friendship and social interaction, guidance on your financial situation, or access to exercise. They then help you take action to meet those needs by referring you to helpful resources in your community.

How can I access social prescribing?

The best way to get access to this service is through your GP, so please call them today and talk to your doctor about being referred to a Link Worker. If you aren’t registered with a GP or your local surgery doesn’t have a Link Worker please call us and we can refer you to one of our Neighbourhood Workers. Alternatively, you can use the link below to make a referral online to get access to one of our Neighbourhood Workers.


Lambeth Adult Social Care

Age UK Lambeth and the MYcommunity Gateway team have also partnered up with Lambeth Adult Social Care. Age UK Lambeth offers a helpline to all new callers to Lambeth Adult Social Care, which provides a triage service for vulnerable residents or others on their behalf seeking Adult Social Care support, and deals with enquiries regarding the Adult Social Care offer in Lambeth. The service offers support, advice and referrals to relevant agencies. Where appropriate, referrals for assessment will be made to Adult Social Care.