Information about Attendance Allowance.

The quick answer is to apply for Attendance Allowance as this is a non means tested benefit (see our Factsheet No.34).

Your parents could also have a social services assessment and although they didn't want carers, if they met the local authority criteria they could have a personal budget (see Factsheets No.41 and No.24).

Factsheet 34: Attendance Allowance

Factsheet 41: How to get care and support

Factsheet 24: Personal budgets and direct payments in social care

Find out about our information, advice and support service