If you would like to join our team and help us make Norfolk a great place to grow older, please take a look at our current job vacancies.
"I've been working for Age UK Norfolk for four years now. I find it so rewarding knowing that everything we do here results in support for older people in Norfolk, something which my own family have benefited from."
Age UK Norfolk Employee
Retail and Warehouse Manager, Dereham
Hours: 37 hours per week
Age UK Norfolk is a local charity providing support to those over 50 in Norfolk. We offer several free services including Information and Advice, Advocacy and Telephone Befriending. To enable us to deliver these services we have various income generators including Retail, Care and the elms business space. We are currently recruiting for a Retail & Warehouse Manager at our Dereham store.
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage and lead a team of employees and volunteers ensuring high standards of Customer Service at all times.
- To be responsible for the operational running of the store; meeting agreed performance targets, efficient and effective management of premises, stock and the Warehouse
- To maintain a high level of commercial awareness by staying informed of sales trends, stock acquisition and local competition.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all statutory responsibilities are met, including Health and Safety Regulations.
- To be responsible for being the primary key holder, opening and closing of the premises for trading hours and responding to an emergency call out if necessary.
- Retail Management experience is desirable
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and proactive approach to work
- Committed to providing a high level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Claire Gambrill at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 964694 for more information. Closing date: 5th September 2018
Norwich: Grays Fair Court, New Costessey
Hours: 21 hours per week – 12 week rota
Pay: £7.83 per hour
We are currently recruiting for a Care Assistant to deliver front-line care in our community care facility at Grays Fair Court. You will work within a care team providing a high-quality service to older people, ensuring that the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of service users are met as well as the basic values of individuality, privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights, respect and partnership.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist people using the service with their daily personal care needs
- To act upon individual care plans and keep them updated
- To promote a person-centered service, offering choice, encouragement and a flexible and creative approach
- To assist the Care Team Leader with the admission and discharge of people using the service.
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Good attention to detail and record keeping
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to support others and put them at their ease, sometimes in difficult or challenging circumstances
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to the Claire Gambrill email@example.com call 01603 964694 for more information. Closing date: 4th September 2018.