If you would like to join our team and help us make Norfolk a great place to grow older, please take a look at our current job vacancies.
"I've been working for Age UK Norfolk for four years now. I find it so rewarding knowing that everything we do here results in support for older people in Norfolk, something which my own family have benefited from."
Age UK Norfolk Employee
Information and Advice Adviser
Hours: 18 hours per week
Rate of pay: £9.95
Age UK Norfolk is a local charity providing support to those over 50 in Norfolk. We offer a number of services including; Information and Advice, Advocacy, Telephone Befriending and many other essential services.
We are currently recruiting for an Information & Advice Adviser. This is a part-time permanent role working on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10am-4pm.
Previous advisory experience is desirable.
The main responsibility of the role is to provide information and advice to older people, their families and carers, enabling them to make informed choices.
- To provide information and advice by a variety of means including telephone, IT communication, face to face, written and in the community.
- To maintain accurate records in accordance with confidentiality and audit procedures
- To work collaboratively with partner organisations ensuring that appropriate signposting is undertaken, and consent obtained
- To provide support to the service volunteers, contributing to their volunteer experience
- To assist with training and development of new staff and volunteers
- To work as part of the wider Organisation, giving and receiving support in a cooperative and collaborative way to both staff and volunteers
- To represent Age UK Norfolk at events as required
Please apply by Indeed Information and Advice Adviser - Norwich - Indeed.com
For volunteering opportunities, see our Volunteering Page.