Please click on the vacancies below to read the job description and person specification for each position.
If you are interested in any of the positions advertised below please download all forms from the 'Application pack' link (bottom). Return to Human Resources, Age UK Norfolk, 300 St Faiths Road, Old Catton, Norwich, NR6 7BJ or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 24 hours per week (4 week rota with a mixture of early, late and long day shifts)
Rate of pay: £7.65 - £7.87
Location: New Costessey, Norfolk
We are currently recruiting for a Care Assistant to deliver front-line care in our community care facility at Grays Fair Court. You will work within a care team providing a high quality service to older people, ensuring that the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of service users are met as well as the basic values of individuality, privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights, respect and partnership.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist people using the service with their daily personal care needs
- To act upon individual care plans and keep them updated
- To promote a person centered service, offering choice, encouragement and a flexible and creative approach
- To assist the Care Team Leader with the admission and discharge of people using the service.
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Good attention to detail and record keeping
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to support others and put them at their ease, sometimes in difficult or challenging circumstances.
Previous care experience not required as full training will be provided.
We also welcome applications for bank staff.
The purpose of the Staff Bank is to ensure that our staffing levels and the quality of service we provide is maintained at all times within our Community Support Centres throughout Norfolk.
Bank staff are required to work flexibly to cover annual leave, sickness and staff training. The Staff Bank provides a flexible way of working which could lead to permanent hours within Age UK Norfolk.
Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills and support our vital work with older people - please see our 'Volunteer' section for more details.