Published on 14 February 2020 02:13 PM
- Do you have a family member or friend who depends on you?
- Do you struggle to find time to care for yourself?
YES - then please join North Tyneside Carers Centre at a locality near to you for these 5 FREE sessions to learn how to improve your well-being by getting connected, being active, learning a new skill, understanding thoughts and creating positive feelings.
- Session One - Connecting - Carers often become isolated because of the demands of their caring role, in this session you will meet with other carers and take that first step towards caring for your own well-being.
- Session Two - Be Active - There is lots of research about how mental health is improved by physical exercise and our second session will focus on how you can start or develop your own ideas about getting active.
- Session Three - Learn a New Skill - The aim of this session is for you to identify a new skill or breathe new life into an old one and begin the journey of exploring avenues to introduce or resurrect your chosen skill.
- Session Four - Thoughts and Feelings - Being aware of what you are thinking, how you are feeling, what your body is telling you and noticing the world around you is very powerful for your mental health. We will be discovering how you can make a difference in your awareness.
- Session Five - Cos you’re worth it - Acts of kindness and giving create positive feelings, a sense of purpose and self-worth. We will explore what this means for you as it can take many forms.
SPRINGFIELD COMMUNITY CENTRE, Forest Hall, NE12 9AG, Thursdays from 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Session One - 5th March 2020
- Session Two - 19th March
- Session Three - 9th April
- Session Four - 23rd April
- Session Five - 7th May
HOWDON HUB, Denbigh Avenue, Wallsend, NE28 0PP, Tuesdays 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Session One - 10th March 2020
- Session Two - 24th March
- Session Three - 14th April
- Session Four - 28th April
- Session Five - 12th May
LINSKILL CENTRE, Bede Room, North Shields, NE30 2AY, Wednesdays 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Session One - 18th March 2020
- Session Two - 1st April
- Session Three - 15th April
- Session Four - 29th April
- Session Five - 13th May
BLUE BUTTON CAFE, Oxford Street, Whitley Bay, NE26 1AD, Fridays 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Session One - 5th June 2020
- Session Two - 19th June
- Session Three - 3rd July
- Session Four - 17th July
- Session Five - 31st July
To book a place please contact North Tyneside Carers' Centre:
Telephone 0191 643 2298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org