Thank you from the Police
Published on 30 March 2020 06:46 PM
Last weekend hundreds of people had flocked to our region's coastal areas and country parks to exercise and enjoy the fresh air during this Coronavirus outbreak.
Northumbria Police warned this week that lives could be put at risk if large crowds all flocked to the same locations to do their daily dose of exercise.
Officers now, across the country have been given powers to fine people who ignore the new legislation, while local councils have closed car parks at key locations.
Today they’d like to thank the public for staying at home this weekend – after finding the beaches and parks almost completely deserted during their patrols.
If you want to know more information about the restrictions, including a list of key workers and what is considered essential travel, can be found at www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Please don't contact the Police to ask about the restrictions, or potential punishments, as they will not be able to provide any further detail than what is available on that website.
If you need to speak to Northumbria Police or tell them about someone you believe is not complying with the Government's recent rules of staying at home. You can use their online 'tell us something' form here: https://services.northumbria.police.uk/online-services/tell-us-something/
Always dial 999 in an emergency.
Northumbria Police - We're here for you
Find how to receive email or text alerts from Northumbria Police on what's happening in your locality, click here
Northumbria Police's Crime Prevention and Advice Toolkit
This useful leaflet is packed with useful advice on how to help the police protect you and yours.
More on Coronavirus
- NHS 111 online - Check if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do
- Get support as an extremely vulnerable person
- Citizens Advice - Coronavirus - what it means for you
- Age UK North Tyneside Information and Advice
- Covid 19 - How to help safely (Gov.UK)
- Covid 19 Myth busters (World Health Organisation)
- Covid 19- Information for the bereaved from UK Government
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do