Hours: 37 hours per week (part-time may be considered)
Salary: £20,520 per annum, AUNN Band D
Based: Field based across Bassetlaw and Mid Notts* with some home working
Tenure: Fixed term 12 months from appointment
Number of Posts: 2
About the role
Do you what have it takes to support the carers of people with moderate to severe dementia/mental illness out in the community? Are you able to work in a holistic, person-centred and enabling way with the carer, promoting choice, self-determination and fostering connection to local communities; ensuring that they have a positive experience of care and support? If so, this is an exciting new project running for 12 months in the first instance.
The successful candidates will:
- be self-starters, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- possess excellent organisational, interpersonal and IT skills
- be able to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in mental health & other partners
- have an excellent understanding of the needs and concerns of carers supporting people with dementia/mental illness
Personal experience of being a carer or providing peer support would be advantageous, but is not essential.
* The Support Worker will be assigned their own geographical area (in this case Bassetlaw and Mid Notts - Mansfield, Ashfield, Newark & Sherwood); however they may be required to support other areas across the county (including Nottingham City & South Notts -Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe), as needed.
How to apply
For full details please download an application pack from this website. Alternatively, please contact our Human Resources department for an application pack by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0115 8599 265.
Closing date: Monday 30th May 2022 at 9am.
Download the application pack
To apply for this vacancy, download the application documents and return them to Age UK Notts