People of all ages and all walks of life volunteer for Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire - and we couldn't do our vital work without them!
Do you want to help older people and give something back?
Our continued success depends upon your generosity to ensure that we can continue to provide a wide variety of services to help older people in our local community. By volunteering and sharing your time, skills, experience, talents, enthusiasm and energy you enable us to support local older people which we could not do without you.
The difference our volunteers make to the lives of local older people...
- Help them feel less lonely
- Help them maintain their independence
- Help improve their quality of life
- Help them become digitally included
- Help older men to socialise, and experience the camaraderie of working with other men via our Men in Sheds projects
- Help us provide excellent services to make sure that we can support as many local older people as possible
Age UK Notts will provide ...
- The opportunity to make a difference
- Induction and appropriate training for you
- Ongoing support from a named member of staff so you always have someone to talk things through with
- Reimbursement for travel expenses so you are never out of pocket for getting to and from your volunteering
- Opportunities to meet other volunteers and staff members
- Flexibility around what you can do, not what you can’t so that you can volunteer as well as having a busy lifestyle
What our volunteers say about their experiences...
To find out more about volunteering read Colin's story:
If you would like to know more about volunteering at Age UK Notts, please email us.
Thinking about volunteering?
Want to join us? Why not apply today
What else you can do to support us
Take part in a fundraiser
Could you help us to raise vital funds by taking part in a fundraising event? There are loads of fun and creative ways to raise money for Age UK Notts.
Get your colleagues involved
Could you talk to your colleagues or your employer about how you can support us? There are lots of ways organisations can get involved, including corporate volunteering, making us Charity of the Year, or donating equipment.