1.9 million older people in the UK often feel ignored or invisible. We are helping local older people combat loneliness through...
Older people in our county are currently missing out on claiming over £50 million of benefits they are entitled to. We want to make sure that every older person is getting all the money they are entitled through so that can flourish in their later life. We do this through...
Confront poor housing conditions
As of November 2019, Nottinghamshire has in the region of 18,000 houses experiencing fuel poverty. At Age UK Notts, we are tackling this issue and olther poor-housing issues through...
- providing free safe and well checks, including installing smoke detectors, crime prevention advice and to assess whether any adaptations might help reduce the liklihood of trips or falls
- providing free energy checks and energy saving measures to reduce bills and keep people warm adn well in their homes
- helping people access the financial assistance available to them for essential repairs
- connecting people with trusted traders in the area
Tackling fraud and scams
The Office of National Statistics sayas that people are more likely to fall victim to fraud or cyber offences above any other crime. Some older people are especially at risk, either because scammers target them or because their circumstances make them vulnerable, for example if they are bereaved, lonely or living with dementia. The financial and health impacts can be devastating. We are helping through...
- providing regular updates on exisitng scams through our Scams Update email (sign up here) and social media
- connecting people with trusted traders who have been vetted by the Age UK Notts team
- talking to people attending our computer course about internet safety
- signposting people to places they can report fraud and local support services that can help
Let us help
We offer a wide range of services for older people from all communities and backgrounds in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire