Safe & Sound - Housing Services
- Location: Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire
- Price: Free
Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire
16-18 Bridgeway Centre
Our trained team of specialists help older people in the City and County to stay warm and safe at home through a range of services specifically designed to enable older people to live independently at home.
Our Safe & Sound team can provide:
• Help with heating problems, boiler replacements, and repairs.
• Oil-filled radiators on loan for a few weeks while your heating is restored.
• We can register you for free onto the Priority Services Register so that you become a priority
in the event of a power cut.
• Free Home Energy Checks for over 50’s with the fitting of low-cost energy saving devices
such as radiator foils, LED lightbulbs and draught excludes.
What do we offer?
• Free home visits to carry out a home energy check, providing tailored energy advice
enabling you to use energy more efficiently without compromising on warmth and with the
added benefit of free energy saving products.
• We are an accredited Home Improvement Agency offering remedial advice and project
management of home repairs for example for new, energy efficient heating systems or
support with eradicating damp and mould, roof repairs or upgrading old electrics.
• Subject to eligibility, we can access financial assistance for essential housing repairs
including boiler repairs and replacements.
• A short-term heater loans service for people with broken or faulty heating, loaning oil filled
radiators, enabling the home to stay warm whilst the heating is restored.
• Information on the Priority Services Register and how to sign up.