An information and expert advice service for those who need help considering housing and care options.
What is the Housing Options element of the service?
We offer unbiased information and advice on housing and care options to assist you as your needs change in later life. The service is for older people, their families and carers. The service supports anyone wishing to make changes to their home or living arrangements who do not have the confidence or knowledge to do this alone.
We help you to make informed decisions based on your individual
needs. For example:
- If you wish to stay in your own home then aids, adaptations,
repairs or home support may help you achieve this
- If you are thinking about downsizing to somewhere more suited to your needs or moving to sheltered, supported, residential or nursing care homes
What is the Silverlinks element of the service?
Silverlinks provides up-to-date, unbiased and accurate information
via events, talks and workshops to older people, groups and professional teams.
It also provides peer-to-peer support via volunteers who have had similar experiences of facing major choices in respect of housing and care.
What do we offer?
- An independent and confidential service tailored to your needs
- Information on the choices and options available to you to help you
make your best decision with more confidence
- Support to help you make changes to your living arrangements
What extra support do we offer?
- Access to advice on financial matters, welfare benefits, health
and social care
- Information on and referral to other agencies and services that can help you
Who is this service for?
- Those aged 55+, their families and carers (all tenures)
- Older people, groups and professional teams
Which area does this service cover?
Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Where is this service delivered?
- At our head office Bradbury House, 12 Shakespeare Street, Nottingham NG1 4FQ
10am – 12 noon
Drop in or appointment
- At venues across the city and county
- In the comfort of your own home
How much does this service cost?
How is this service delivered?
- In person via one-to-one sessions
- Over the telephone
- At events, groups and talks
For more information or to access this service, please contact our adviser:
t 0115 919 4881
e adviceandinformation@ ageuknotts.org.uk
Alternatively, please write to us at:
Housing Options & Silverlinks Advice Service
Age UK Notts
12 Shakespeare Street
This questionnaire will help you think about different aspects of your home and how you live in it. You can either pick topics from the list on the left, or be guided through the whole questionnaire. At any stage, you can view the suggestions for tackling any concerns.
Visit the questionnaire (links to an external website).
Funders, partners and accreditations