We offer information and advice on a range of subjects relevant to the needs of people in later life and to those who are caring for older friends, partners and relatives.
What is the Information & Advice Service?
We offer information and advice on welfare benefits, community care, housing options and local services. We can help you make claims for the following benefits:
- Attendance Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- Carers Allowance
- Pension Credit
We can also help with issues such as:
- Gas and electricity bills
- Care at home
- Housing advice
- Signposting to other local services and support
What do we offer?
- Up-to-date, unbiased and accurate information
- Practical support to make certain benefit claims
- Information on choices available but the decision is always yours
What extra support do we offer?
- We are able to offer a full benefit check to all who use our service
- Information on health and community care
- Information on other agencies and services that can help and signpost or refer you to them
Who is the service for?
Anyone aged 55+, their families and carers
Which area does this service cover?
Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
How is this service delivered?
- In person via one-to-one sessions
- Over the telephone
Where is this service delivered?
- At our head office Bradbury House, 12 Shakespeare Street, Nottingham NG1 4FQ
Monday: 10am - 12 noon
By appointment only
Thursday: 10am – 12 noon, 1pm - 4pm
By appointment only
- In the comfort of your own home
- Telephone advice sessions
Monday: 2pm - 4pm
Thursday: 10am - 12 noon
How much does this service cost?
Our contact details
For more information or to access this service, please contact:
t 0115 844 0011
Alternatively, please write to us at:
Information and Advice Service
Age UK Notts
12 Shakespeare Street
The success of the Information and Advice Service depends on the dedicated support of a team of trained volunteers. Contact us, without obligation, if you are interested in joining us.