A free, impartial and confidential service for to help you to understand your housing and care options as your needs change in later life
We support older people, their families or carers who want or need to make changes to their home or living arrangements. We can help you to understand all the options available to you so that you can make an informed decision and also provide advice and further support for you to make a change.
We can help you based on your individual needs, preferences and circumstances. For example:
- If you wish to stay in your own home then aids, adaptations, repairs, renovations or home support may help you achieve this
- If you are thinking about downsizing to somewhere more suited to your needs
- If you want to move to a supported or sheltered accommodation scheme, or a residential or nursing care home
The Silverlinks service provides up-to-date, unbiased and accurate information via events, talks and workshops to older people, groups and professional teams. The aim is to fully inform people of their options well in advance of them needing to make a decision.
The service also provides peer-to-peer support to those aged 55+, where volunteers who have had similar experiences of facing major choices in respect of housing and care can support you on your journey.
Find out more
What support do we offer?
- An independent and confidential service tailored to your needs
- Information on the choices and options available to you to help you make your decision with confidence when the time is right
- Support to help you make changes to your living arrangements whether you choose to stay put, downsize or move to a supported setting.
Who is this service for?
- Those aged 55+, their families and carers (all tenures)
- Older people, groups and professional teams
Which area does this service cover?
Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Where is this service delivered?
- At our head office Bradbury House, 12 Shakespeare Street, Nottingham NG1 4FQ
10am – 12 noon
Drop in or appointment
- At venues across the city and county
- In the comfort of your own home
How much does this service cost?
How is this service delivered?
- In person via one-to-one sessions
- Over the telephone
- At events, groups and talk