Find out here about activities and events taking place at Age UK Tameside.
#MyGenFest – 27 March 2020
The Talking About My Generation campaign has come to an end and is hosting its final get-together: #MyGenFest. Over the course of the campaign, we have hosted meetings, contributed articles and taken part in podcasts and for some of the time our volunteer Bob represented us as one of the reporters.
The Talking About My Generation campaign proudly presents #MyGenFest – a celebration event of “Changing the Record” on growing older in Greater Manchester.
Join us at #MyGenFest on Friday, 27 March 2020 at The Federation (M4 4BF) between 3pm and 6pm to eat, drink and celebrate challenging the stereotypes of what it means to grow older!
The Talking About My Generation news team – made up of community reporters aged 50 and over from across Greater Manchester – have spent the last 12 months causing a big sensation; capturing stories of inspiring individuals who show there’s much to life over 50. They have spread the word through events, magazines, podcasts, and news interviews.
The #MyGenFest line-up includes:
- Meet the headliners – the reporters who brought the campaign to life
- Check out the photography exhibition that challenges the way older people should be portrayed in the media
- Visit the VIPs in the Living Library of human stories
- Enjoy tunes from the resident DJ, Tony Openshaw
- Indulge in food and drinks
- Get your FREE goodie bag
- Be the first to hear the plans for the future with an EXCLUSIVE announcement
Don’t miss out!