The Extended Service aims to help anyone aged 65+, living in Redcar and Cleveland, access their local community.
Joining a local group or going to a community activity can be difficult for some. This can be through a lack of confidence or simply not knowing what is available.
The Extended Service can offer support to:
- Access local social groups
- Help build confidence to make new friendships
- Find out what is going on in your community
The trained volunteer will:
- Visit the person in their home
- Help them identify what suits them in their community
- Attend the group with them until confidence is found
For more information on becoming an Extended Service volunteer see our Get Involved section
If you are interested in this service or interested in becoming an Extended Service Volunteer, please contact: