Business Development Officer
Published on 20 November 2023 10:00 AM
28 hours per week
£26,000 - £28,000 FTE (£19,675 - £21,189 pro-rated), depending on experience (plus pension and healthcare scheme benefits)
Are you ready for the next challenge? Do you want to work in a friendly but fast paced environment to make an impact on the lives of older people?
This is an opportunity for a motivated, focused and energetic individual, and we would like to hear from candidates who have experience in developing donations and other income streams in the not for profit sector. You must have excellent communication, teamwork, and organisational skills, with a commitment to securing results.
Age UK Birmingham is a locally focused charity with over 120 volunteers across Birmingham and Sandwell. With the help of our amazing volunteers, we offer a comprehensive range of support, including information and advice, support for those affected by dementia, social groups, and physical activities. We are continually expanding our services.
Key tasks include:
- Develop a wide strategy for unrestricted income generation
- Maximise income for the charity from donations, legacy programme developments, sponsorship and individual regular giving
- Managing partnerships and key stakeholder relationships with existing corporate partners.
- To lead on the development of new relationships and business development opportunities as they present to secure unrestricted income.
- Explore retail / trading and income opportunities that will generate unrestricted income for the charity.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to plan the delivery of organisational events, fundraising activities, seminars and conferences
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the Job Description and Person Specification below. Your CV should be no more than two sides and covering letter no more than two sides also.
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Steve Thomson, by telephone on 0121 437 0033.
The closing date for applications is 18th February 2024.
Please note - we will be interviewing candidates as they apply, so early applications are recommended.
Age UK Birmingham and Sandwell is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity within our organisation and in relation to the recruitment and selection of staff.