Role Description: First Contact Team Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers who are able to dedicate 3 hours a week to support Age UK Buckinghamshire as part of the First Contact Team. You should be confident answering phone calls, be able to listen and signpost callers to appropriate help and have a reasonable knowledge of computer literacy. However, most of all you should have empathy dealing with members of the public.
You will be made very welcome if you do become one of our Information and Advice team members, you will be given a full induction together with ongoing support.
Why not join us and make a difference!
To work alongside the First Contact Team answering enquiries, providing information and signposting over the telephone to older people, carers and other callers.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To answer the telephone, deal with enquiries and signpost as appropriate.
- To maintain records and log data onto the Charity Log data base as required.
- To ensure information is accurate.
- To attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Assisting with administrative tasks.
- To process appropriate referrals to the Commercial Services.
- A good listener
- Experience of dealing with telephone queries and in-person callers
- Ability to input computer records and retrieve information
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality
- A commitment to the aims and objectives of Age UK Buckinghamshire is essential, as is an understanding of, and commitment to, Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality policies.
- The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
How to apply/get more details:
Telephone: 01296 431911 and ask for Julie or Debbie
I and A volunteer application
Age UK Buckinghamshire
For more information on voluntary roles
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 01296 431 911
Volunteers Application form. Nov 2020.docx
Pdf format (right click and save as to your computer)
Volunteers Application form. Nov 2020.pdf