Age UK Camden’s Online Book Club
Following the success of our Literary Festival in March 2020 we are delighted to welcome you to our online book group! We hope that this will be especially helpful for those who need to stay at home during the Coronavirus outbreak.
The Book Club is led by writer and journalist, Emily Rhodes. At the beginning of each month a new book will be selected to discuss. This will see a community of readers coming together to share ideas and express opinions. You can be as involved as you like, some of you may only want to read the book without discussion, and that’s okay too.
How it works:
- Register with us so you get our regular communications and stay up to date. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest. Information will then be sent to you.
- You will need to source a copy of the book (this can either be a physical copy or you can listen to it as an audiobook from the Audible website audible.co.uk)
- Read it over the month – we hope you enjoy it!
- The book choice will be uploaded to our website and this will be circulated to anyone who has registered their interest, along with discussion topics and additional information on the book.
- You can post a review of the book and answer discussion topics on the Age UK Camden Facebook page, we’d love to hear your thoughts - there is an Age UK Camden Book Club group set up within our page for this purpose, all you need to do is request to join. Join our Book Club Facebook group
For those who are not online we can arrange a regular phone call to discuss the book.
During this period of self-isolation we are urging people to support our emergency appeal. We are buying some copies of the book for people who are self-isolating and living in hardship. Please consider donating to this fund https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/AUCamdencoronavirusappeal
For an introduction to our monthly book choices click on the name of the book in the menu to the left, or, if you are viewing on a phone, on the plus sign on the right and then on the book of your choice
It’s very possible that you might have a little more time on your hands in the coming weeks, and reading is certainly an enjoyable way to pass the time. As well as our Book of the Month you can follow the link below for a further great selection of e-books. Anybody with a Camden library card can download the relevant app, open an account and start borrowing.