Health and social care professionals who provide a free, impartial and confidential service to older people in Camden.
Care Navigators are based at 36 GP practices across the borough. They can support you if you are a Camden resident aged 60 or over or if you have a long term health condition.
Care Navigators have specialist knowledge of services and can talk to you about your needs to help you find the most suitable support. Speak to your GP about getting support from the Care Navigation service.
Who are Care Navigators for?
You must be a Camden resident aged 60 or over, registered with a Camden GP and:
- living with one or more long-term conditions or
- have had an unplanned hospital admission in the last 12 months or
- benefit from support getting to and from healthcare appointments.
07496 370 672 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Referrals are made by GPs and clinical practice staff. Please speak to your GP or practice staff or contact the Care Navigation service.
What happens after I am referred to a Care Navigator?
A Care Navigator will contact you within two days and arrange a time and place to meet you at your GP practice, in your home or a place that works best for you.
Care Navigator outcomes
- reduction in GP appointments and accident and emergency visits
- reduction in hospital admissions
- improved coordination and access to services
- improved wellbeing and reduction in social isolation
- improved independence and safety at home