You could be entitled to some extra help in later life to give you more money in your pocket.
Age UK Camden offers advice about money and benefits you could get, we can carry out benefit entitlement checks and help you with making a claim. We can also offer debt advice and help you with negotiating with creditors.
We may also be able to assist you to apply for a charity grant for essential items, such as bedding, furniture, and white goods, or food vouchers if you do not have the funds to buy them yourself.
Our Information and Advice Team is offering Benefit Check appointments for Camden residents aged 55+ or the carers of residents aged 55+.
If you, or someone you know would like to book a Benefit Check appointment, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7837 3777.
Benefits you could be eligible for
- Pension Credit – topping up your pension every week
- Carer's Allowance – if you care for someone sick or disabled
- Housing Benefit– to help you pay rent
- Personal Independent Payment – if you can't work because of illness
- Council tax discounts – to help with your council tax bills
- TV Licence discounts – enjoy the TV you love for less
- Attendance Allowance – if you need a little extra help to stay independent
- Winter fuel benefits – to keep you warm and well in cold weather
Universal Credit – to help people who are on a low income or out of work
If you need advice about benefits and money in later life, please call 020 7837 3777.