You could be entitled to some extra help in later life to give you more money in your pocket.
Age UK Camden offers advice about money and benefits you could get, we can carry out benefit entitlement checks and help you with making a claim. We can also offer debt advice and help you with negotiating with creditors.
We may also be able to offer a discrentionary grant for essential items, such as bedding, furniture, and white goods, or food vouchers if you are in crisis or emergency need due to benefit suspension or similar. Please call 0207 837 3777 to find out more.
We can also offer advice to help you avoid scams and provide guidance on crime prevention.
Benefits you could be eligible for
- Pension Credit – topping up your pension every week
- Carer's Allowance – if you care for someone sick or disabled
- Housing Benefit– to help you pay rent
- Personal Independent Payment – if you can't work because of illness
- Council tax discounts – to help with your council tax bills
- TV Licence discounts – enjoy the TV you love for less
- Attendance Allowance – if you need a little extra help to stay independent
- Winter fuel benefits – to keep you warm and well in cold weather
Universal Credit – to help people who are on a low income or out of work
If you need advice about benefits and money in later life, please call 020 7837 3777.
Lasting power of attorney
Lasting power of attorney (LPA) is a legal tool that gives another adult the legal authority to make certain decisions for you, if you become unable to make them yourself.