Age UK Cheshire is a great place to work. Could you bring your skills to our team? See our latest vacancies below.
Working for Age UK Cheshire
Age UK Cheshire is a local independent charity with 122 staff members and more than 250 volunteers. We help over 1500 local older people every year, offering activities, events, befriending and information. It's a great place to work if you really want to make a difference in people's lives.
Paid Relevant Persons Representative (RPR)
Hours – 21.75 per week
Salary - £12,000 per year
We are looking to recruit an RPR to work within the Advocacy team. You will be responsible for ensuring that clients understand the DOLS authorization process whilst representing their views, needs and rights on a formal and informal basis to others involved in their life and care. You will maintain regular contact with the person deprived of their liberty by visiting every 6 weeks, or more regularly if required.
- To provide clients, where necessary, with accurate, up-to-date information taking due consideration of relevant legislation including the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, Care Act and associated statutory guidance and code of practices.
- To represent the views, needs and rights of clients on a formal and informal basis to others involved in their life and care
- Maintain regular contact with the person deprived of their liberty by visiting every 6 weeks, or more regularly if required.
- To use formal and informal complaints procedures where needed.
- Request a review of the DOLS authorisation if appropriate.
- To write regular reports highlighting any issues or concerns, sending these to the Supervisory Body.
- If necessary and where possible challenge the authorisation through local means. Or ultimately, refer the case to the Senior Advocate for consideration of escalation for Court of Protection challenge as Litigation Friend.
The hours of this work for this post are 21.75 hours per week. This will normally be worked over a minimum of 3 days Monday to Friday between 9am - 5pm (45-minute unpaid break included). Flexibility is required with this role and you may be required to provide cover for holidays and other absences within the department.
A full job description and application form is available below. Please be aware that you will be required to complete an application form to progress with this vacancy.
The post holder will be subject to police checking by the Disclosure and Barring Service (was CRB) (Enhanced Disclosure).
Closing Date for Applications: No later than 5pm on Monday 19th August 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 28th August 2019
How to apply for a job
Unless otherwise indicated, download the generic job application form, which is available as a PDF or Word document, at the bottom of this page. Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
Age UK Cheshire
314 Chester Road
Applications to be received by 5pm on the closing date.
Due to the high cost of postage and available resources, we regret we shall not be able to write personally to applicants who are not short listed and if you have not heard from us, within 2 weeks of the closing date, you should presume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
If there are no current vacancies listed below, please take a look at the other ways you can get involved with us.