We actively promote a culture of sharing and allowing the sheds to promote new activities. Perhaps you could bring your unique skills to the shed and introduce new ideas? Why not pop into your local shed for a chat and see for yourself. Our sheds have a small monthly charge. For more information on joining Men in Sheds please contact your nearest shed. Details are on the back of this leaflet.
What we do
- Activities vary from shed to shed but generally include:
- Woodturning and Pen making
- Community projects
In addition to the above, one of our sheds has a gym, one has an art studio and two have 3D printers, as these are activities that our men are interested in. We constantly review shed activities to reflect the interests of our members so we encourage you to ask if there is a specific craft or activity you would like to include. If it is feasible, we will do our best to include it.
Benefits of joining Men in Sheds
- Lead to new friendships
- Provide a place for men to socialise with other men
- Help men to keep active.
- Enhance self-esteem and confidence
- Encourage sharing and learning new skills.
- Offer the chance to be involved with community projects.
- Are a relaxing environment in which to enjoy a cup of tea and good company