Information and Advice (I&A) is a confidential service which plays a crucial role in improving the quality of life for older people.
As a volunteer adviser, you will give older people the information and advice they need to enable them to:
- secure rights and entitlements
- make informed choices about housing, care and money, and avoid future problems
- play a full role in communities and society.
What you will get out of it
- Pride in providing such detailed guidance to help others in this unique role
- A sense of achievement from being able to make an immediate difference to someone's quality of life
- It's a great opportunity to meet new people and be part of a lovely team of volunteers
- Agreed expenses
What is expected of me?
Age UK Derby & Derbyshire provide I&A services based at Heanor 09.00 am to 05.00 pm (access via stairs) and Derby 10.00 am to 03.00.pm Monday to Friday we require a commitment of one full day in the week.
Individual support and free training is provided. Make a difference to your life and those of others and join us.
Also applications for I&A Admin Support volunteers most welcomed.
Find out more
Please contact our Information and Advice Service for more information about becoming a volunteer:
Tel: 01773 768240 or 01332 343232