Delivering exercise classes to older people at one of our Day centres within the borough.
What an exercise class assistant does:
- Welcoming people to the exercise sessions
- Introduces older people to exercises sessions which they might not have tried before, but would like to
- Supports older people to overcome any barriers to participate
- Encourages and motivates older people to be involved
Volunteers need to be fully trained to deliver the sessions.
- A qualification in delivering exercise classes or sports, or qualified physiotherapist, Yoga teacher, dance or exercise trainer for example
Personal qualities most suited to this role:
- A liking for and an empathy with older people
- A friendly and cheerful manner
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Encouraging and motivating
How much time is involved?
1 hour per week, as agreed on Mondays. You can stop volunteering at any time but please do let us know as soon as possible.
Expenses and Insurance:
We will cover agreed out-of-pocket expenses for volunteers (e.g., travel costs). We will also insure you for the time you are volunteering with us. A DBS police check certificate will be required. We can help you to obtain a free but compulsory DBS police Check.
Telephone: 020 8578 2712 Option 3