If you are worried that an older friend, family member or neighbour might be losing weight or not taking care of themselves, then our Nutrition and Dietetics Support Service may be able to help.
Age UK Hertfordshire is part of the Herts Valley Integrated Nutrition and Dietetics Service, which is a partnership led by Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust and also comprising; Hertfordshire Independent Living Service, West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust and Luton & Dunstable NHS Foundation Trust.
As part of this partnership, our Nutrition Support Workers look at the reasons for possible malnutrition in older people. They work alongside dietitions to enhance patient outcomes by addressing the wider causes of malnutrition. We can advise and support patients over the telephone, or home visits, including at care homes and in clinics.
We can help by:
- Promoting self-management and independence
- Providing emotional support and improving confidence
- Providing information on services avaliable such as lunch clubs and shopping support
- Accessing local support such as befriending, interest groups or cleaning help
- Supporting with practical tasks such as applying for a Blue Badge or benefits advice
To find out more or to make a referral, please speak to Sarah or Lin, our Nutritional Support Workers:
Nutrition and Dietetics Service
Monday - Friday 9am - 4.30pm
Tel. 01727 732 011
Eating Well in Later Life
Staying healthy and improving your outlook through good nutrition and hydration