There are lots of places that you can go to enhance your digital skills or learn how to do something new online. Please find below some available options and click on the totle in blue to be taken to their sites.
The Adult Community learning service provides adult learning opportunities for the Isle of Wight.
You can find out the up to date courses available via Adult Community Learning Service link above.
Coming up there are some Computers for beginners and European Computer Driving license courses (ECDL) FREE to access.
Courses to learn about all things digital. Join our AgeUK Isle of Wight digital league and start learning today by signing up to Barclays Digital Wings and entering our league code AGEUKIOW
Learn My Way offers free online courses for beginners, helping you develop digital skills to make the most of the online world. You’ll have access to over 30 free courses designed to help you get to grips with the online basics, this includes:
- Using a mouse and keyboard
- Setting up an email account
- Searching and exploring the internet
- Communicating with friends and family online
- Workplace tools for online meetings, apps for managing projects and tips on remote working.
Make It Click by Learn My Way for workplace skills Make It Click (learnmyway.com)- Find free courses, tools and templates that you can trust. You can learn about new apps, improve the skills you have and take a positive step forward in your work.
iDEA is Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award, an accredited national programme to develop your digital and enterprise skills, while enhancing your CV.
iDEA is for everyone. Adults, young people and schools can access the programme for free, and you can learn on your own, in a group, classroom or together as a family - from your phone, tablet or computer.
How does it work?
iDEA is the digital and enterprise version of The Duke of Edinburgh Award. For every new skill mastered, iDEA learners are awarded a digital badge. Each badge carries points and when you earn enough points, you are awarded the Bronze or Silver Award.
Badges cover a wide range of topics that include:
- Worker Badges - Tools and techniques, which are useful in the workplace
- Maker badges - Digital creativity and building and making in the digital world
- Entrepreneur Badges - How to think of new ideas and bring them to life
- Gamer Badges - Gamification techniques to help people learn how to make games
- Citizen Badges - Digital awareness, safety and ethics.
As well as being fun, these badges will help you show off what you have learned and could, when the time comes, help you land the job you want.
Digital Workplace Skills
Looking for work or planning to change or develop your career? Here is a list of online courses and resources to help you upskill:
- The Skills Toolkit The Skills Toolkit – Free digital courses – Free, high-quality digital and numeracy courses to build your skills and boost your job prospects
- Make It Click Make It Click (learnmyway.com)- Free courses, tools and templates that you can trust. You can learn about new apps, improve the skills you have and take a positive step forward in your work
- Skills to Succeed Academy Skills to Succeed Academy (s2sacademy.com) - Free, digital, interactive programme to help disadvantaged young people build the skills and confidence to make career choices and develop employability skills
- FutureLearn FutureLearn: Online Courses and Degrees from Top Universities- Learn online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses
- Barclays LifeSkills LifeSkills | Developing work and life skills (barclayslifeskills.com) - Helps you prepare you for your future workplace.
Age UK's step-by-step guides offer support to make the most of the internet. This information is to help people who are already online but want to boost their confidence.