Older veterans of our armed forces often need tailored support to help their independent living.
Joining Forces is an Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland project providing support for veterans aged 50+, their families or people who care for veterans in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We can support with:
- Information and advice on a range of subjects
- Help to complete forms and follow up their progress
- Regular contact and a listening ear
- Support for spouses, family members or friends with caring roles for veterans
If you are a veteran, know of, or supporting any person who is aged 50+ and served in the British Armed Forces for more than one day please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please contact 07738 820948 (Wednesdays 9am - 4pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can the Joining Forces project help?
The project offers a range of support which is not time limited and will make sure you know who to go to if you need more support in the future
- Advice, information and one-to-one help with problem solving, completing paperwork, signposting to other support opportunities and a listening ear if you have no family network.
- Our Independent Living Co ordinators can work alongside you, devoting the time needed to resolve any issues you are facing, including those which are complex and multi-faceted.
Where is the Joining Forces project available?
We can support veterans who live in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Does the project offer free support to veterans?
Yes. Our Joining Forces project has been established through the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust. There is no charge of veterans aged 50+ to access our support.
How do I arrange for help?
Please get in touch with Owen Jones. Owen is often away from the office visiting veterans so please do not hesitate to leave a message him and he will return your call at the earliest opportunity.
0773 882 0948
Hours of work – Wednesday to Friday 9am to 5pm