Do you need some support post-pandemic to get life back in order?
Moving Forward With Confidence has been developed as a result of Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland’s experience of supporting people during Covid-19.
This service can help you to get back on your feet and out-and-about post-pandemic, as well as support with finances and any other questions about housing, care or adaptations to help you live well independently and enjoy life again.
Moving Forward with Confidence provides:
- Befriending – a once weekly visit or phone call
- Support to achieve goals important to you, such as regaining confidence to go out or attend religious services or social groups
- A free benefits check to make sure you are receiving all the income and any benefits you may be entitled to
- Information and advice on matters affecting you in later life, such as care, housing, bereavement or caring for a loved one
- Support to access our other services such as free energy advice and energy-saving products, advocacy and dementia support
For many older people living in Leicester and Leicestershire, lockdowns and restrictions intensified their sense of isolation and contributed to an increase in anxiety levels, fear, lack of confidence and low mood. In many cases individuals have also experienced financial difficulties and problems accessing services. Moving Forward with Confidence helps tackle these issues and get people feeling able to look forward and move ahead with life positively.