Let's start talking about the menopause across Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland
Nine out of 10 menopausal individuals say symptoms impact their work with one third hiding symptoms fearing for their job. It is estimated one billion individuals will be going through the menopause by 2025* and there are around thirteen million peri or post-menopausal individuals in the UK right now, which is a third of the female population". Although the topic is becoming less of a taboo, much work is still needed to raise awareness and show how the menopause can be a positive and life-affirming experience for individuals and those around them if they have a safe place to talk and access to evidence-based information to make informed choices.
The Menopause Awareness Raising Service working in partnership with health and social care professionals as well as businesses, local employers & neighbourhood community groups aims to:
- Raise awareness and understanding of the menopause
- Develop and support a network of Menopause Champions
- Provide support to become a Menopause Friendly Organisation and achieve a recognised accreditation
- Signpost individuals to peer support networks to share their experiences of the menopause
- Campaign for greater menopause awareness through online campaigns, webinars and the provisions of toolkits
- Create a culture where everyone is menopause aware
On behalf of the NHS and Public Health in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland is working to raise awareness of the menopause.
Visit www.menopauseaware.org.uk to discover more information.