Our Exercise Groups Are Back
Published on 07 July 2021 02:48 PM
Age UK North Tyneside are pleased to announce that the following groups will be restarting in a few weeks time:
Places must be booked and paid for in advance and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Age UK North Tyneside are pleased to announce that the following groups will be restarting in a few weeks’ time:
Improving Strength and Balance 1 and 2 – Wednesday 1st September to Wednesday 6th October at Linskill Centre with Iwona (10 places available) Booking opens on Monday 16th August at 9:30am (this is when the links will go live). Eventbrite booking links:
- Seated Exercise – Thursday 2nd September to Thursday 7th October 11:30am-12:30pm at Linskill Centre with Bob (10 places available)
Eventbrite booking link - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/165882233225
- Gentle Circuits – Friday 3rd September to Friday 8th October, 11am-12pm at West Moor Community Centre with Norma (15 places available).
- Eventbrite booking link - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/165882546161
Places must be booked and paid for in advance and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Booking will open on Monday 12th July at 9:30am.
- Walking Football Skills – Friday 6th August, 3-4pm at The Parks Sports Centre (10 places available)
Places must be booked and paid for in advance and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Monday 16th August at 9:30am
Healthy exercise for all abilities
- Active For Life: Wallsend at Allen Memorial Church Hall, Park Road, Wallsend, NE28 6QY on Fridays from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Cost: £2.50
- Improving Strength and Balance (Currently full) North Shields at The Linskill Centre, Linskilll terrace, NE30 2AY 1:30 to 2:30pm Cost £4. Please call to book a place / be added to the waiting list 0191 287 7027
- Seated Exercise Class : North Shields at The Linskill Centre, Linskilll terrace, NE30 2AY on Thursdays from 10:30 to 11:30 am. Cost £2.50.
- Seated Exercise Class: Wallsend at Battle Hill Multi Use Centre, North Bray Close, NE28 9RJ on Mondays from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Cost: £1 (Currently full - Please call prior to attending to check if available spaces)
- Gentle circuits: West Moor at West Moor Community Centre, Benton Lane, NE12 7NP on Tuesdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Cost: £2.50
- Gentle Exercise:
- Whitley Bay at St Paul’s Church Hall, Whitley Road on Thursdays from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Cost: £2.50
- Wallsend at Wallsend Customer First Centre on Fridays from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Cost £2.50
- Walking Football:
- The Lakeside Centre, Killingworth 2:00pm - 3.00pm every Monday.
The above walking football sessions is free. Just turn up and play.
- Walking Football Skills – a slower paced skills and drills session with a short match at the end
- The Parks, Howdon Road, North Shields, NE29 6TL Friday 2-3pm
Gentle exercise to strengthen muscles, improve circulation & posture, relax mind & body
- North Shields at Christ Church Parish Centre, Preston Rd, North Shields NE29 0LW on Wednesdays from 12:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Cost: £3.00
- Wallsend at Wallsend Customer First Centre, The Forum on Mondays from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM. Cost: £3.00
- Whitley Bay at Foxhunters Pavillion, Rake Lane, North Shields, NE29 9QA on Mondays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Cost: £2.00
Yoga and Relaxation
Exercise to relax mind & body
Forest Hall at Springfield Community Centre, NE12 9AG on Wednesdays from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. Cost: £2.50. Restarting soon. For more details please click on this link.
If you are unable to use Eventbrite, please contact the Community Development team on 0191 2877012
Payment must be made before the first session.
All previous attendees of these groups have been written to informing them of the start date and changes that have been bought in.
The Community Development team are excited to see the groups return and wishes to welcome everyone back safely and into an environment in which all participants feel comfortable and confident. So in conjunction with the Governments roadmap, and working with our team of instructors, volunteers and venues, we have bought in some new safety controls and alterations. This is to safeguard everyone’s health, safety and wellbeing, which will ensure the longevity of the programme going forward.
We hope to continue to roll out our programme of social and physical groups and activities face to face over the coming months.
If you have any questions please contact the Community Development team on 0191 2877012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org