Age UK Notts' New Footcare Service
Published on 18 June 2019 03:11 PM
Have you heard about our new Footcare Service?
We are now able to offer people aged 60+ in Nottingham a simple nail cutting and basic footcare advice service. People who have a long term health condition, and who do not qualify for NHS podiatry services are able to access this charged for service. Age UK Notts is working in partnership with CityCare to enable us to provide this affordable and accessible footcare service.
The footcare service includes a short soak, nail trim, the filing of hard skin, and the application of cream. Appointments last approximately 30 - 45 minutes, however the first appointment will be slightly longer. We offer follow-up appointments at regular intervals, basic footcare information and advice.
This service is for people aged 60+ who:
- have a long-term health condition
- are not able to cut their own toenails
- are registered with a Nottingham City GP
- and do not qualify for NHS Podiatry Services.
This service is delivered via one-to-one sessions at three City locations:
- St Ann's Valley Centre (Mondays), 2 Livingstone Road, St Ann's, Nottingham NG3 3GG
- Clifton Cornerstone (Tuesdays), Southchurch Drive, Nottingham NG11 8EW
- Sherwood Rise Health Centre (Fridays), 31 Nottingham Road, Nottingham NG7 7AD
Initial assessment (including provision of personal nailcare pack) costs £20 and follow-up appointments costs £15.
If you are a member of public and wish to access this service, please contact us on 0115 697 6333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find out more at https://www.ageuk.org.uk/notts/our-services/footcare/
If you are a professional, please send referrals by email only to email@example.com