Would you or a loved one enjoy a dementia specialist day service?
Dementia is a condition that affects individuals and their families. Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire is here to help at our Sybil Levin Day Service.
Our Sybil Levin Day Service is like no other in and around Nottingham. It is a place where joy and laughter can be found as well as the specialist care that is needed to ensure a good quality of life. It’s a place that carers can trust to look after their loved one so they can have some personal time, enjoy their own hobbies and interests or just take a well-earned break.
The day starts in a leisurely fashion – you are welcomed with a hot drink, biscuit, and a flick through today’s papers in our Sage Café. Once refreshed, there is a range of activities to choose from:
- Flower arranging
- Arts and Crafts
- Exercise Classes
- Reminiscence activities
Whilst we encourage people to join in with activities, there is no pressure. If members want some quiet time to sit and read, do some artwork or just reflect then there is plenty of space to do that. Our staff and volunteers are always on hand to help.
Our Living Room Rempod is a recent and very exciting addition to our range of cognitive stimulation tools – it’s a lovingly recreated 1950’s living room where friends can sit, play a game of cards or dominoes and enjoy a sing-song – sometimes all three! The décor stimulates deep childhood memories and encourages conversation but remains a relaxing place to be.
Our supervised games are all about encouraging people to move about, to remain active and to socialise with others. Everyone is able to participate as staff and volunteers are on hand to provide assistance where required.
The service provides a home cooked meal each day which takes into account the individual’s dietary needs and preferences.
View an example menu
In additional to the activities above the centre provides a daily bathing service, in our refurbished bathing suite (see the download at bottom of page for more information).
Door-to-door transport is also available (within an agreed range) via our specially adapted accessible minibus which can safely transport those in wheelchairs
You or your loved ones will be in safe hand as all our staff and volunteers are DBS (Disclosure Barring Service, formerly CRB) checked.
With regular attendance and familiarity of setting, Sybil Levin offers significant emotional, mental and social benefits to you or your loved ones.
- Specialist support for older people with higher levels of care needs
- Companionship, support and personal care such as bathing or hairdressing
- A variety of stimulating activities including arts and crafts, music and movement, and reminiscing
- Nourishing hot meals and refreshments
- Door-to-door transport via our specially adapted minibus
We can help you to access:
- Carers’ respite if you are supporting an older person
Information on other agencies and services that can help
- Counselling if you need someone to talk things through
- Advocacy if you need support, representation or help to make difficult decisions
- Information and advice on benefits entitlements, financial matters, aids and adaptations
Via experienced staff and volunteers who are DBS (Disclosure Barring Service, formerly CRB) checked.
The Sybil Levin Centre
577a Nuthall Road
- Prices vary according to individual needs
- You may use your Personal Budget as determined by the Council or self-fund
Join us for a taster day or find out more:
t 0115 978 0011